BOSTON COURT PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
Title: Front of House Manager
Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-time
Reports To: Patron Services Manager
Summary of the Job:
Reporting to the Patron Services Manager, the Front of House Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the smooth operation of the lobby during performances, overseeing theatre seating, pre and post-show events, and ensuring that the experience of each patron is enjoyable and safe.
- Welcome all patrons to the theatre
- Coordinate with the stage manager on performance start time and any late seating
- Follow Boston Court procedures and policies to ensure the safety of the audience, especially in the event of an emergency
- Serve as a knowledgeable representative of Boston Court, providing a high-level of customer service to all patrons.
- Work in tandem with Box Office staff to address customer service issues as needed.
- Lock up the building at the end of the evening.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with the performing arts is a plus.
- Exceptional communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills to manage a wide variety of internal and external relationships.
Must be available to work evenings and weekends April 27 through June 4 (with possible extension through June 18).. This position is part time (approximately 16-20 hours/week during performance weeks) with compensation of $10 per hour.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to Jenny Smith Cohn, Patron Services Manager | JennyS@BostonCourt.com | No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of Boston Court Performing Arts Center to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability or age.
ABOUT BOSTON COURT PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
Boston Court Performing Arts Center (BCPAC) is dedicated to producing and presenting daring and provocative programming. We serve Pasadena, the San Gabriel Valley, and the Greater Los Angeles area with diverse programs in an intimate setting that annually includes four Main Stage theatre productions, over 25 music concerts, a new play festival, a rotating visual art show, and more.