BOSTON COURT PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
Request for Proposal for Bookkeeping Services
Status: Independent contractor // workload estimated 16 - 20 hours/week
Reports To: General Manager (direct)
Executive Director (indirect)
Contract Fee: $1200 - $1500 per month
Boston Court Performing Arts Center, a non-profit arts organization located in Pasadena, seeks proposals from experienced professionals to provide part-time bookkeeping/accounting services for the organization. The contract will be for a one year period with the option to extend it. The bookkeeper will work from their current location, with on-site meetings with the General Manager and/or Executive Director necessary two or more times/month.
● Manage accounts payable/receivable, payroll, cash flow, all deposits and maintain ongoing financial records and account balances.
● Maintain and verify accounting data in Quickbooks
● Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss, and balance sheets
● Prepare operating and business taxes for audit, and prepare annual financial reporting and tax documents (i.e. 990, 1099s).
● Advise General Manager and Executive Director on accounting best practices.
● Assist with insurance issues for Boston Court including but not limited to payroll, workers comp and other applicable insurance.
● Reconcile monthly all bank accounts, company credit cards and expense reports
● Experienced bookkeeper with an excellent understanding of GAAP
● Non-Profit experience a plus
● Strong knowledge of Quickbooks
Interested parties should submit a proposal to Cheryl Rizzo, General Manager, at email@example.com. Proposals will be reviewed as they are received.
No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Boston Court Performing Arts Center to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability or age.
ABOUT BOSTON COURT PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
Boston Court Performing Arts Center (BCPAC) is dedicated to producing and presenting daring and provocative programming. We serve Pasadena, the San Gabriel Valley, and the Greater Los Angeles area with diverse programs in an intimate setting that annually includes four Main Stage theatre productions, over 25 music concerts, a new play festival, a rotating visual art show, and more.