BOSTON COURT PERFORMING ARTS CENTER in Pasadena, California, housing a 99-seat theatre and 65-seat performance space is seeking a Technical Director who will work closely with the Production Manager. Strong background in technical theater systems including, but not limited to, welding, rigging, construction techniques, audio, lighting, video production, CAD. Strong attention to detail a must. Must be a self-starter with leadership skills. Job responsibilities include:
- Working with production manager to make all decisions regarding the technical aspects of the Boston Court Performing Arts Center and all events scheduled in the Branson or Main Stage Theaters.
- Acting as Technical Director/Master Carpenter for all The Theatre @ Boston Court productions and all Music @ Boston Court events under the direct supervision of the Production Manager.
- Coordinate and maintain program of preventative maintenance for theatrical equipment, stage and other special equipment related to stage presentation (video, pianos, etc).
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all tools, materials, soft goods, materials and equipment for both the Main Stage and the Branson.
- Coordinate, schedule, and oversee all work projects, events, rentals and theatrical presentations at the Center.
- Implement and enforce safety regulations & practices, nurturing a safe work environment
- Supports and advises the operations manager on technical aspects of either rental or presenting program requirements at the Center.
Competitive salary and benefits for small non-profit. Apply with cover letter, resume to Employment@BostonCourt.com. No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Boston Court Performing Arts Center to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, disability or age.
Job posting date: 2/1/16