Job Title: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Summary Statement: Under the supervision of the production manager, the Technical Director oversees all technical aspects of Boston Court Performing Arts Center.
Important skills needed for ALL aspects of this position: excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask in fast paced environment, team player attitude, self-starter, comfortable being a leader, attention to detail, computer savvy, heavy lifting.
A. TECHNICAL DIRECTION
1. Cost and budget with production manager all projects being considered for all Main Stage productions.
2. Work with designers and production manager to balance artistic needs with budgetary constraints including materials and labor.
3. Draft all scenic technical drawing for all Mainstage shows
4. Coordinate all lighting, audio, video elements in each Mainstage production
5. Update and maintain soft goods, lighting, sound and video inventory
6. Must be available for all production meetings, technical and dress rehearsals and all previews for all Mainstage shows. This will require some evenings and weekends throughout the year.
7. Must be available for Boston Court events for set up, run and strike, if necessary, as well as a representative of the theatre (i.e. fundraisers, parties, etc.)
8. With the production manager, implement and enforce safety regulations and practices, nurturing a safe working environment.
Skills Needed: Creative decision-making on limited budget, AutoCAD/drafting, spreadsheet programs
B. MASTER CARPENTRY
1. Lead construction on all four Mainstage shows for The Theatre @ Boston Court.
2. Hire and supervise carpentry crew.
3. Update and maintain shop tool, equipment and paint inventory.
Skills Needed: Excellent carpentry skills, MIG welding, proficiency with rigging
C. TECHNICAL LIAISON FOR MUSIC EVENTS AND RENTALS
1. Work with Operations Coordinator to facilitate technical needs of music events/rentals in Branson Performing Space and Main Stage including lights, video, sound and modular floor configuration.
2. Ensure technical needs for music events/rentals are met either directly or through hired crew.
3. Maintain storage of raw materials in outdoor and indoor storage.
Skills Needed: good customer service skills
Email resume and cover letter to: Employment@BostonCourt.com